>No one was harmed in the making of this recipe. Just my cookbook. A total loss. I thought it could be salvaged but after taking a swim in the sink (my first reaction upon finding it up in flames) and suffering some major charring, it smelled like a fire-pit and so did the entire apartment.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cooked, shredded
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
Optional garnishes: Sour Cream, Cilantro, Shredded Cheese, Tortilla Chips
In a medium pot sprayed with Pam, cook onions, garlic, seasoning and spices over medium heat until onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes.Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.Add the corn and diced tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 minutes.Add chicken, jalapeno and lime juice. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes.To serve, top with desired garnishes. Serves ~4.*********So I promised a giveaway… here it is!MyBlogSpark contacted me to see if I wanted to do a Green Giant sponsored giveaway for my readers and of course I accepted. The prize pack includes:
- Insulated Tote Bag
- Serving Bowl
- Serving Spoon
- Pedometer (!!!)
- Coupon for FREE Green Giant Product
They also sent me the same prize pack and I’ll tell you right now, it’s pretty awesome. I LOVE the bowl and can’t wait to use the insulated bag this summer for cook-outs or transporting my favorite beverages.
I was sent the Broccoli & Cheese Sauce to try which I mixed with a serving of whole wheat pasta for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that was filling yet relatively low in calories.
1. Leave a comment telling me which vegetables you often buy frozen (if any).
2. Tweet about this giveaway, “Green Giant Giveaway: @lemongroveavenu Smoke Alarm Soup and a Giveaway” and leave me a comment telling me you did so.
3. Follow me and leave another comment letting me know
4. Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment letting me know
I’ll pick a winner using random.org on Tuesday 2/15.