Today the rain came. I had intended on having a productive day but my sleeplessness last night changed that. I woke up late, had a busy morning and afternoon at work and forgot my gym clothes under my desk. On the way home I got stuck in traffic, “lost” in Target (not a bad thing) and couldn’t find the motivation to start my intended tasks.
Of course, though, I had the motivation for a walk in the fresh air with puppy.
When we got home, puppy was wet and I was hungry. We played in the kitchen for a bit before I cooked up some homemade gnocchi I had in the freezer.
I enjoyed a Magic Hat Hex with a side of Jeopardy. It’s their autumn brew.
After dinner, I was inspired by Tina’s recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from carrotsncake
Makes 8 scones
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup granulated Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice)*
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek because it’s what I had)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon*, and salt.
- Add in pumpkin, yogurt, butter & chocolate chips, mixing as you go.
- Form dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet and pat down into a circle about 1/2 to 1/4 inches thick.
- Cut into 8 segments.
- Bake at 425*F for about 20 minutes or until edges are slightly crisp and the top is lightly browned.
Now I suppose I should tackle one of the many things on my To-do list… sorting through the stack of reading material that has piled up on the side of my bed. I’m debating between school reading and pleasure reading… which do you think will win?