I won’t complain about the rain. I promise. But I don’t like the cold, not one bit. I’m not ready and I blame the awesome summer weather we’ve had for that. Not that I dislike fall, but I like summer more… much more. But I don’t control the weather or the changing of seasons or the passing of time. If I did, it would be perpetually warm, never humid with an occasional refreshing rain. Oh, and once in awhile there would be need for hoodies, because I love them. But anyway… what a better way to accept (if that’s even possible) the cooler weather coming than with cookies!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen (thanks Joanne!)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter at room temperature
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (I used unsalted)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup golden brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
1/2 cup oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for about 3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla. Add the egg substitute and beat to combine. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
5. Drop the dough onto the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and enjoy (with milk if you’d like)!